Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

XMLLiteral and LangID

Help
Anonymous
2011-12-16
2014-02-19

• Anonymous
    2011-12-16

Hello,

I need to state the langID of a XMLLiteral. This is supported by RDF spec, and seems it will be implemented in Jena2, but for example is not supported by Sesame.

How to achieve this with BigData ?

I think this is a common pattern. If you use a XMLLiteral to store xml content, it's quite natural to specify the langID for this content, and perform SPARQL query depending on it.

Thanks

• Bryan Thompson
    Bryan Thompson
    2011-12-16

Can you provide an example and pointers (URLs) to (a) where this is in the RDF specifications and (b) what Jena is doing about it?

Thanks,
    Bryan

• Anonymous
    2011-12-17

Hello Brayan,

For both (a) and (b) http://openjena.org/how-to/typedLiterals.html ("A note on xml:Lang"). But after reading the full document I discovered that the support for xml:Lang for XMLLiteral has been removed.

So, at time time seems to be impossible to deal with langID content for a XMLLiteral. Using two triples may be fine in most scenarios (one for the literal and one for the langID as a string. Not an elegant solution… but it should work).

Thanks