I haven't worked on this project for quite some time, and I have no real intentions of continuing work on it. I really have no desire to work on the code at all anymore. I have learned a lot in the intervening years, and may one day allow for the concept of this game to be revisited, but not in its current form.
It looks like the build I released on the 12th was corrupted, probably by my pathetic dial up connection, but a working build is now online.
After a long time away from my pet project due to real life matters, I have managed to get a new release out the door.
It changes quite a few things in the data loading area, and anyone really interested in Space Project really should read the release notes and change log.
I've just been busy. I haven't had a chance to do any coding for nearly a month!
Hopefully I'll be able to get a new release out the door the first week in May, when finals are over.
I have finally given up on getting any kind of cms working at full power on sourceforge, and have moved to a free host. Hopefully they will prove to be reliable.
On the upside, I have the skeleton of a decent joomla site going. You can check it out by clicking on the Project->Web Site link.
Just temporarily, I'm trying to get some things to work, but it may take a while(curse dial-up!).
Okay, there might be one more release in the 0.2 family, I'm not sure yet. I feel that I need to make the data file loading methods much more flexible than they are right now, and make them independant of the number of spaces between entries.
I am also going to be writing up some documentation for the game soon which will cover building it from source and modding.
Well, I now have something that passes for a functional web site. Everything works fine in Firefox 220.127.116.11 (I need to update) and IE 7. IE 6 gave me some problems, but Microsoft's forcefeading of upgrades should limit them.
School is out for the winter so I am goin to have a lot of time on my hands for working on this.
I am continuing to tinker with cg shaders and am writing a kind of scriptable gui system that follows the same modding principles as the rest of the data files.
New release out today. I'm finally getting the grip of this shader stuff, so expect to see some eye candy start popping up.
On another note, I have finally decided on how to properly version releases.
The version number will only change if a new gameplay element is added, the letter will change if something cosmetic is added.
Finally, a non-maintenance release. Didn't add that much feature wise, but I have started making some changes to the game graphically. Added some simple shaders and a new ship(of my own making).
Be sure to read the release notes.
Not many changes, other than the fact you no longer need to download a dll pack(yay!) and the addition of a persistant mouse and buttons.
Made some slight optomizations and cleaned up the code as well.
CVS is up and running. Check the cvs page for info on annonymous access.
I have managed to upload my project to sourceforge and I must say that the sheer amount of stuff it lets you do is amazing! It can be a bit overwhelming though. Currently there is no CVS or SVN support, but the source is available in the files section. Be sure to read the release notes next to the release name!