Android beta release ....

Anonymous
2013-03-03
2014-02-15

• Anonymous
    2013-03-03

Hi there .... I just got the BibleTime mini .apk Android file and put it on my smartphone. I like it and it has great possibilities. At the moment, the default font size is far too big and the popups are difficult to use as half the text is not visible as it is so big. I can't find a .conf file that allows any change of font size etc.

I use the NET Bible a lot, and the footnotes feature in BibleTime mini works very well. Please post on the Sword Devel list when updates are available. I look forward to seeing this on the GooglePlay app store when it is ready. Thanks for the opportunity of an early trial.

• Hi. Thank you for your feedback.

I have investigated this issue and discovered that there is no way to set font size from settings file. Will take this into account for next release.
    It was previously developed for 2.6-inch-screen-device and it was ok, but on large screen it is little more than enough (as for me).

Popup-s could contain clipped text, that is still readable (just a little from top and little from bottom). This issue i haven't managed to fix yet, probably Qt bug.

Settings file is located at /sdcard/.bibletime/bibletimerc

• Anonymous
    2013-03-03

Thanks. I found the bibletimerc file and realise there was no way to alter font size. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Ace and the screen information is: TFT display - HVGA (480 x 320) display resolution - 3.5 inch Main display size.

The text has the appearance of being about 14pt, while 10pt or 12pt max. would be appropriate on this screen size. The clipped text in the popups is barely readable as words like 'cancel' and 'install' are truncated. Useable - but only just.

• Sorry, there really is problem with font size. Calculation is according to VGA screen size on non Windows Mobile devices. Hope to upload fix for this soon.

Last edit: Konstantin Maslyuk 2013-03-04

• Anonymous
    2013-11-12

Is there a way to turn off notes? I use ESV module with notes on and off. It is a good text for reading, but very hard to read with so many notes visible. It is also a good reference text with all the notes. Having a toggle button always ready would be a very nice thing.

• Anonymous
    2014-02-14

How do I remove a parallel bible once I have added one?

• Just select another module/text/Bible. Remove one text from parallel isnt available, but selecting one of two existing will do the same.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments