Feedback

2011-09-09
2014-11-13
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Please, feel free to add your feedback for current release here. So i can see
    what you are thinking about current state or changes you want.

• hi kalemas, i came across bibletime mini a few months ago and started using it
    more and more. as i am getting used to the gui, i even use it in bible classes
    for reading out loud from my favourite translations. and i love it! i like the
    continuous text scrolling and the option to open more translations in
    parallel. would love to be able to synchronize them though (means when i
    change the book or verse in one open translation, i'd love to have an easy way
    to open the same passage in the other open translations. didnt get the TSK
    (treasure of scripture knowledge) module to work, i.e. open the included
    hyperlinks. probably not implemented (yet). performance is good at my HTC
    Rhodium. also like the option of resuming at where i left off when opening the
    app. thanks a heap fur your work, kalemas. i keep watching your site. hoping
    for a new and enhanced release some day.

• Thank you. Functionality for following hyper links will be achieved by short
    tapping on the link. Fairly i use version with this functionality, footnote
    and strong lookups :^) (you can give me your email by any private way and i
    will send you executable via email).

Synchronized parallel view is possible but in perspective.

• Anonymous
    2014-01-23

Hello I have used Bibletime on my Ipaq for many years and this is a good start on BlackBerry 10. Thanks for your work!
    I have some questions: How to choose default commentary from settings, how to remove in line reference texts in ESV, Red text for Jesus' words, parallel versions. Just some ideas. Regards, Joe.

• Hi, you can read Handbook in Settings section of the program for default commentary feature and parallel Bible display, text features not supported at moment. I will be glad to hear your feedback if Handbook isn't clear enoght for you.

• Anonymous
    2014-01-29

Thanks for the update.
    I discovered that the find function does not work again. I use symbian. And sometimes it doesn't start correctly when it's on auto scroll mode.
    Can you still add select and copy function?
    Thanks for this wonderful program

• Hi, can you tell more about what exactly do not work with find function? And issue with auto scroll isn't clear to me too. Explain please what you do and what you expect, what a module, what a search term, ... and i would like to fix those things.

Although if there are issues indeed, it is bad thing because i can not update through Store anymore, only through this site. But i will do anyway.

Select and copy is planed but bookmarks lists feature is in progress and should go before this one.

• Anonymous
    2014-02-03

k. I can't use search anymore. It was working before this update but not anymore. When i click find and try tp click the text field, it doesn't bring up the keyboard for text entry. So it's practically unusable with touch screen phones.
    Also the application doesn't start correctly when the auto scroll is turned on sometimes.
    Can you provide the sis installer here when the update is done?
    Thanks for your good work
    God bless you

• Yes, such issue occurs with remote device access devices i use, sometimes tapping twice on it helps.

Now all updates will be on this site, new sis file will be uploaded in Files section. You can subscribe to notifications of that section, but you will be also notified when updates for other platforms will be posted, maybe i need folders for each platform.

• i haven't anything special when application started with Continuous scrolling enabled. With search, i just have to press on text filed little longer, should be just a performance lag.

• Anonymous
    2014-02-03

oh! Just tried entering text now and it worked. Wondering what made it not to work initially. Thanks though

• Anonymous
    2014-02-12

Since upgrading recently to 1.02 I have found that doing a search seems to require the entire Bible to be re-indexed. Every time I start Bibletime Mini, searching needs to re-index, which means it just sits there for 2 or 3 or more minutes looking frozen until it is finally ready for me to enter something to search for.

1.02 is the latest version on Nokia's store, but I found 1.04 on sourceforge today and downloaded and installed that. The problem is still there. (Symbian version, Nokia 701)

The version I used before 1.02 did not have this problem.

• I need module name you use, i haven't such issue with KJVA, can you try it on your device as well? I agree that it is significant issue.

Nokia closed the Store, so i have no option except to put updates here.

The version I used before 1.02 did not have this problem.

From experience i know that sometimes there are other issue sources rather then in application changes, when people update application.

• Also it is good to inspect and post application log here (link on pastebin.com is preferred). It is located at c:/btlog.txt

• Anonymous
          2014-02-14

I have tried it with both ESV and NET. It looks like it is not indexing, since I did get an indexing message when I tried the NET for the first time. But I got the same problem with both - it took over 10 minutes just sitting there before I could enter something to search for.

Also, I cannot see btlog.txt on C:\ or anywhere else I looked.

• Anonymous
          2014-02-14

It doesn't like like my last reply made it in, so trying again with a bit more information:
          I have tried this on both ESV and NET with the same result. However it is NOT indexing every time, only the first time. The problem is that it just sits and doesn't allow any input.

However I have since worked out that that locking and unlocking the screen is what lets it start working. So if I keep trying and trying without letting the screen lock, it will never work. But if I immediately lock and unlock the screen I can then enter the search text.

Also, I cannot find btlog.txt either in C:\ or anywhere else I looked.

• Anonymous
          2014-02-14

It doesn't like like my last replies made it in, so trying again with a bit more information:
          I have tried this on both ESV and NET with the same result. However it is NOT indexing every time, only the first time. The problem is that it just sits and doesn't allow any input.

However I have since worked out that that locking and unlocking the screen is what lets it start working. So if I keep trying and trying without letting the screen lock, it will never work. But if I immediately lock and unlock the screen I can then enter the search text.

Also, I cannot find btlog.txt either in C:\ or anywhere else I looked.

• When you post a message without logging in on SourceForge, there is moderation active. I receive approval request for each message, and approve them as soon as i have time. After that your message will be displayed here. If you have SourceForge account just log in and your message will be displayed immediately.

• I have poor performance on Remote Device Access for about 3-4 fps (actually i haven't Symbian device). And i just have to press on text field for a couple of seconds, after that Symbian context menu will be displayed, and after that input will be available.

I agree that it not function as it is supposed to function and be happy to find solution. But at moment there is no anything special with it in application, just a text box, that should popup virtual keyboard...

• Anonymous
              2014-02-16

Sorry about the multiple messages then. I have confirmed that what you said works, but it seems messier than locking/unlocking the display which I found also works - though still not a good solution.
              I know it must be hard with Nokia's current level of (non) support. But in case it helps this is something that DID work properly prior to version 1.02, so there is some change that activated this bug.

• What a sad mess, Nokia had removed last Symbian device from RDA. Cant investigate c:/btlog.txt issue :^(

• Anonymous
    2014-11-13

Hi,

I am very happy with the app. The only thing that I would like to suggest is to have an option for "night-reading" (when the background becomes black and the text becomes white). That option would be very appreciated

Great app! Thank you for all the work you do!

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments