My workflow is quite often
1) find a paper I like online
2) hit the "add to CiteULike" bookmarklet and add it to my online CiteULike database (www.citeulike.org).
3) Switch to BibDesk, where I have a "My CiteULike" external file group pointing to
4) refresh the external file group to get the listing I just added
5) hit the "import" button to get it into my bibdesk library.
I quite like this workflow, but step 4 is currently surprisingly hard. Refreshing something is usually a one-click or two keystroke task (command-R), but I have to secondary-click on a relatively small target then search to near the bottom of a 14-item context menu for "Refresh External File Group".
Could there be a small button next to the group name a bit like http://support.mozilla.com/media/uploads/gallery/images/reload_icon_mac.png
or a keyboard shortcut to reload?