I tried to make the latest bfilter but got an error somehow connected to boost. See attachement for the output.
Only stdout (not stderr) is captured in your log.
To capture both, try this:
make > make.log 2>&1
stdout + stderr
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.
Just replaced the log file by the output of your suggestion.
The bundled version of boost doesn't build with new compilers anymore, because of this:
You can try building with a system-wide boost installation, like this:
./configure --without-builtin-boost CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib "LIBS=-lboost_program_options -lboost_regex -lboost_test"
The library names I am not sure about - you'll have to check their proper names.
Does the svn version work with new compilers? I tried to compile this version but there was no configure script in .../trunk/bfilter.
Development of BFilter stopped in 2007, so SVN version is that old and therefore would help.
I tried to build it as you suggested, but it didn't work. How do I check the proper names of the libraries? I added the config.log for this.
Install all boost packages and verify library names in /usr/lib or /usr/lib64
There is no directory /usr/lib64. A added the output of ls /usr/lib/libboost*
Use "LIBS=-lboost_program_options -lboost_regex -lboost_serialization -lboost_test_exec_monitor -lboost_unit_test_framework"
./configure -without-builtin-boost CPPFLAGS=-l/usr/local/include LDFLAGFS=-L/usr/local/lib LIBS=lboost_program_options -lboost_regex -lboost_serialization -lboost_test_exec_monitor -lboost_unit_test_framework
but then I get
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details
I added the config.log for details.
You need to put "LIBS=lboost_program_options -lboost_regex
-lboost_serialization -lboost_test_exec_monitor -lboost_unit_test_framework" in quotes, as otherwise it would be treated as multiple arguments to configure.
A question, if I may: why spending so much effort trying to build BFilter instead of just running AdBlock?
Oh, sorry, I did put it in quotes they just get lost when I copied it here (I used echo to write it to a file and copied it afterwards...). So the problem remains.
I don't want to use AdBlock because of performance reasons and because I want a system wide solution which works for all browsers. So I am currently testing different approaches, one of them is Bfilter.
You are missing a dash in front of lboost_program_options, that is you are passing something like "LIBS=lboost_program_options ..."
great publish, very informative. I ponder why the opposite experts of this sector dont notice this. You should continue your writing. Im confident, youve a great readers base already!
<a href="http://www.zootoo.com/profile/storybow97/blog/entry/inwhichcanyouidentifylargesize" title="Clothes">Clothes</a>