Help
wismax
2010-05-20
2013-05-09
  • wismax
    wismax
    2010-05-20

Hi,

I'm trying to setup beet in a project who's using Spring 3.0 and I facing a lot of problems with the bt namespace that is not supporting the Spring Expression Language. The expressions are passed without being interpreted directly to the configuration beans.

I did some changes like defining custom persister using standard bean definitions but I have some other problems with the bt:manager tag. What I would like to do is to define manually what the bt:manager is doing, is this possible. Do you have some examples of that ?

Thx

• wismax
    wismax
    2010-05-24

Hi,
    Thank you for pointing this out. It will try to replicate this configuration manually.
    By the way I was trying to build a locally modified version of beet. I did a "git clone" to get the project tree but this applicationContext.xml has not been retrieved and if I browse the git repository on sourceforge I don't see it either. Is the link that you provided above some kind of a tag of an old version ? I'm completely new to Git, sorry if this is a dumb question…
    wis

• Jason Trump
    Jason Trump
    2010-05-25

Not a dumb question at all.  It seems like applicationContext.xml disappeared for no good reason.  I'm guessing it happened during a branch merge.  I'm currently surveying the repository to see if anything else is missing.

I'm not a git expert by any means - I chose it for this project as a sort of experiment.  If your experience is anything like mine was, there's definitely a learning curve.

jt

• wismax
    wismax
    2010-05-25

Yes for sure this is quite a different way of thinking when you come from the SVN/CVS world…
    Please let me know when you're sure that the repository is back up-to-date.
    wis

• Jason Trump
    Jason Trump
    2010-06-06

Hey wis,

applicationContext.xml is back in the repository now.  I'm doing a thorough audit of the current repository contents, and everything appears to be up-to-date.  I'm building with the easyant 0.8 nightlies.

I still haven't figured out exactly when that file disappeared.  Looks like we could use a continuous integration server around here.

jason

• wismax
    wismax
    2010-06-09

Ok, thank you for clearing this up. It will try to rebuild it when I have some free time.