I'm trying to setup beet in a project who's using Spring 3.0 and I facing a lot of problems with the bt namespace that is not supporting the Spring Expression Language. The expressions are passed without being interpreted directly to the configuration beans.
I did some changes like defining custom persister using standard bean definitions but I have some other problems with the bt:manager tag. What I would like to do is to define manually what the bt:manager is doing, is this possible. Do you have some examples of that ?
The bt: tags are actually loading bean definitions from a Spring XML file embedded in the jar. You can see the full configuration here:
Hope that helps. It's becoming increasingly obvious that we need to hurry up and get Spring 3.0 support in there.
Thank you for pointing this out. It will try to replicate this configuration manually.
By the way I was trying to build a locally modified version of beet. I did a "git clone" to get the project tree but this applicationContext.xml has not been retrieved and if I browse the git repository on sourceforge I don't see it either. Is the link that you provided above some kind of a tag of an old version ? I'm completely new to Git, sorry if this is a dumb question…
Not a dumb question at all. It seems like applicationContext.xml disappeared for no good reason. I'm guessing it happened during a branch merge. I'm currently surveying the repository to see if anything else is missing.
I'm not a git expert by any means - I chose it for this project as a sort of experiment. If your experience is anything like mine was, there's definitely a learning curve.
Yes for sure this is quite a different way of thinking when you come from the SVN/CVS world…
Please let me know when you're sure that the repository is back up-to-date.
applicationContext.xml is back in the repository now. I'm doing a thorough audit of the current repository contents, and everything appears to be up-to-date. I'm building with the easyant 0.8 nightlies.
I still haven't figured out exactly when that file disappeared. Looks like we could use a continuous integration server around here.
Ok, thank you for clearing this up. It will try to rebuild it when I have some free time.