Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

**PLEASE HELP** Reverse Engineering Tools

Help
Philip
2006-05-29
2013-04-25
  • Philip
    Philip
    2006-05-29

Hi folks,

I'm wanting to scrutinise code from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective. I need your help in identifying useful tools that will help me pull WIN32 & LINUX ELF binaries apart. No doubt as things evolve I will be asking other questions too but for the moment I simply need tools that work.

I know about the Bastard decompiler but I can't get the thing to 'make' properly. I guess it's a bit out of date too.

Anyway, I'd also be interested in cross compilers and de-compilers for Intel/AMD 16/32 processors. Alternative compiler libraries and development environments would also be of a major interest.

I'm running Win95, XP and LINUX RedHat v.6. Whatever you point to should be suitable for these OSs.

There seems to be little free-ware/share-ware around unless you're interested in JAVA de-compilation.

If anyone has pointers, URLs etc, where I can find code that works then I'd be pleased to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

• everyone i talk to pretty much uses ida; it's
      considered "industry standard".

i can't stand windows and feel silly running
      vmware, so i mostly use home-brewed stuff
      based on libdisasm.

there are various projects out there like
      boomerang and rec and lida that you should
      check out.

_m