Help
daniel
2004-11-05
2013-01-11
  • daniel
    daniel
    2004-11-05

Hello,

When I choose in the Basilik preferences "screen colors / thousands 16 bit", and if I launch "desktop patterns", I have only 38 patterns black and white.
    When I choose "screen 256 colors", my desktop patterns has 74 patterns whith colors.

This is the same problem with Basilik and JIT- basilik, and with many differents roms.

Bug or error from me ?
    Daniel.

• Jim Watters
      Jim Watters
      2004-11-05

Hi Daniel,

It's a known bug in the Windows port. It doesn't occur if you run Mac OS 7.6.x or 8.x., it does occur with System 7.x - 7.5.5.

Jim

• Matt
        Matt
        2004-12-19

strall, the reason its so hard to find is because those updates were released for free at the time, theyre more or less the logicaly equivalent of service packs, but not worthless. 7.6 was a major update, and as such, was one that you had to pay for, just like going from 7.6 to 8.0 or 8.0 to 8.5. hence, whil you probably can find it on the internet, its not legal. im not passing any judgement, im just stating the facts. hope that clears it up.
        ~matt

• daniel
      daniel
      2004-11-14

Thank's.

I've tried to find an update from 7.55 to 7.6. I've not found on the web. I've only found an update from 7.6 to 7.61.
      How to find 7.6 ? Or how to find an update directly from 7.55 to 7.6 ?

Daniel.

• zenon duvalko
      zenon duvalko
      2004-11-16

Hi Daniel, As far as I know, only 7.55 has been released into public domain by apple. All other versions are still copywrited. Therefore you won't (or shouldn't) find an upgrade from 7.55 to 7.6. Sorry.

Straal

• Hiroshi Otaki
      Hiroshi Otaki
      2004-12-19

Hello, Daniel.

You will solve the problem by the followings.

Get my patch program:
      http://homepage3.nifty.com/hirotac/data/general-controls-757-patch.hqx

And
      1. Patch "General Controls" of v.7.5.7 in Controls Panels folder to change "Genaral Controls" of v.7.5.7a. (Use v.7.5.7a instead of v.7.5.7.)
      2. Remove "General Controls prefs" file in Preferences folder.
      3. Restart your vertual Macintosh, and open Desktop Patarn control panel once.

You will be able to see colored desktop.

hirotac

• Hiroshi Otaki
        Hiroshi Otaki
        2004-12-19

Hello, Daniel, this is additioal comment.

You can select another way to solve the problem by the followings.

Get three items, (1) Tomeviewer, (2) Mac_OS_7.6.1_Update-4of4 and (3) DiscCopy.

And
        1. Extract Mac_OS_7.6.1_Update-4of4 and mount it by DiskCopy.
        2. Open "Instalation 3" tome by Tomeviewer.
        3. Extract "General Controls" v.7.5.8.
        4. Put "General Controls" v.7.5.8 into Control Panels folder, instead of buggy v.7.5.7.
        5. Remove "General Control prefs" file and "Desktop Ptarn prefs" file in Preferences folder. (Removing 2 files is the better way.)
        3. Restart your vertual Macintosh, and open Desktop Patarn control panel once.

You will be able to see colored desktop.

The  INIT proccess of General Controls v.7.5.8 copes the bug. (Patched General Controls v.7.5.7a was fixed this INIT proccess to cope with the bug.)

hirotac