Possible to use existing Internet connection?

Help
2004-12-25
2013-01-11
  • The Beerslayer
    The Beerslayer
    2004-12-25

I have Basilisk II installed and working great with Mac OS 8.1 on my Windows 2000 system.  I have even been able to dial up to the Internet from within Basilisk using PPP.  However, I'd prefer to use the existing Windows Internet connection instead, so that my Windows programs can also access the Internet at the same time.

Does anyone know if there's a way to "piggyback" onto an existing Windows dial-up connection using Basilisk, rather than having to dial in directly from the emulated Mac?

• Matt
      Matt
      2004-12-25

there is a way to go about it but since ive not yet set mine up i cant offer great advice, but if you go to Windows-specific documents and then the NAT router FAQ its quite comprehensive. i also think you'll need to copy the appropriate network driver to your windows driver folder, the location of which varies depending on your version of windows. the NAT FAQ pretty much covers it all. good luck, and come back if you have any more questions. this isnt the fastest board but people will respond eventually.

• The Beerslayer
      The Beerslayer
      2004-12-25

Thanks for the response, Matt.

I think I found the answer I needed in this post:
      http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=936309&forum_id=6132

I set the connection up using the info in the FAQ and it seems to be working, although Basilisk itself has become a bit unstable.  Hopefully this will iron itself out.