mendeleev
2008-11-15
2013-04-24
  • mendeleev
    mendeleev
    2008-11-15

Hello
    Please help me. I'm new in linux, in general

I want to monitor internet traffic in a network. I have a server(linux...running).

I have installed bandwidthd using apt-get.....so far OK
    But bandwidthd is monitoring only 20 ips....how can I extend to a bigger number(200)?

I have downloaded source, changed IP_NUM to 250 . And when I ./configure && make install .....and error

configure: error: Could not determine source port field name for tchhdr structure

I didn't found on forums something useful about tcphdr

Please help me :D

• mendeleev
      mendeleev
      2008-11-15

Hello
      Please help me. I'm new in linux, in general

I want to monitor internet traffic in a network. I have a server(linux...running).

I have installed bandwidthd using apt-get.....so far OK
      But bandwidthd is monitoring only 20 ips....how can I extend to a bigger number(200)? 

I have downloaded source, changed IP_NUM to 250 . And when I ./configure && make install .....and error

configure: error: Could not determine source port field name for tcphdr structure

I didn't found on forums something useful about tcphdr

• SoftDux-Rudi
    SoftDux-Rudi
    2011-07-06

Hi,

Have you found an answer to this yet?

• Alestan
    Alestan
    2011-08-12

Okay, since you specified apt-get I am assuming you are on a debian based system.  That said, make sure you have a deb-src line in /etc/apt/sources.list, then go to some scratch space directory (/tmp or whatever you like to use) and go apt-get source bandwidthd.  That will give you the source used to compile bandwidthd for your platform (complete with any patches required to make it function).  then run apt-get build-dep bandwidthd, which will grab any libraries you need to compile bandwidthd yourself.  It should leave you with a folder along the lines of <scratch>/bandwidthd<version>/.  Go into that folder and apply your change there (#define IP_NUM 250).  ./configure && make, then you can test it via sudo ./bandwidthd -D -c ./etc/bandwidthd.conf (edit the config file as needed). 

• Alestan
    Alestan
    2011-08-12

P.S.  If you want it to have postgresql support, you need to run ./configure -enable-pgsql instead of just ./configure