This is to inform you that we have uploaded the Bacula version 3.0.1 source
tar files and the Win32/64 installer files to the Bacula Source Forge
Note, if you are not already running 3.0.0, please read the 3.0.0 release
notes before loading version 3.0.1. Important!!!
Version 3.0.1 is primarily a minor bug fix update to version 3.0.0 with
one enhancement (see below).
Changes since 3.0.0:
1276, 1274, 1275, 1272 1246, 1268, 1281, 1282.
- Check for job_canceled() in fd_plugin code.
- Update Win32 table creation to have new DB version 11 format
- Remove illegal Options in Exclude of default Win32/64 bacula-dir.conf
- Remove 'Reposition' messages when restoring
- Updated projects file
- Tweak version string to display versionid field at the end
and keep fields order.
- Add additional mysql connection debug code submitted by:
- Modify insertion of read Volumes in SD to be done *before* the
drive reservation. This ensures that a Volume to be read will not
be reserved for writing. Significant improvement in eliminating
tape deadlock situations.
Note, both the Director and Storage daemons must be upgraded at the
same time. The 3.0.1 File daemons are compatible with 3.0.0 file
daemons and as noted below in the 3.0.0 release notes the Director
and Storage daemon should be compatible with 2.4.x File daemons.
In general, we do not expect any of the 3.0.x File daemons to work with older
Directors and Storage daemons (as has always been the case for Bacula
============ Documentation improvements needed ==================
Note!!!!! The 3.0.0+ documentation needs rather extensive modifications in the
1. Missing documentation.
2. Correction of links within various manuals -- most fail.
3. Integration of the new features into the main documents.
4. Much more.
The documentation will not be completed in the near future due to lack
manpower. If you are unhappy with this situation as we are, we suggest
you help by submitting patches to the documentation. Thanks.