I have just released the source tar file, docs tar file, and Win32 binaries to
Source Forge for Bacula version 1.38.9. The main reason for this release was
to correct the license file that was previously released with the Win32
binaries. However, the source code contains a collection of minor bug fixes
since version 1.38.8.
New features for 1.38.9:
- A "Dir Status" button in the Gnome console.
This is mainly a bug fix release containing a collection of
minor fixes for 1.38.8.
- Added code to strip backslashes from Windows filenames during
- Corrected Win32 License to use the correct LICENSE file.
- Corrected the buffer count and bytes reported in the heap
- Fix a number of incorrect strings marked for translation, when
they should not be (e.g. commands).
- Fix StartTime bug reported for ClientRunBeforeJob and RunBeforeJob
Patches supplied by user in bugs #608 and #599.
- Use most recent of st_ctime and st_mtime in restore tree DIR
listing. This fixes some problems with Win32 printing incorrect
- Correct the clock shift comm time calculation between the DIR
and the FD. It was added rather than subtracted.
- Strip all backslashes in filenames to be restored on Win32
machines -- the names should all be in Unix format, and if
there are any backslashes it is most likely due to an improper
FileSet definition, and the files will not otherwise be
- Delete src/win32/License.txt
- Modify installer to install LICENSE
- Add back ua_label barcode fix from Rufolf Cejka.
- Add 'Dir Status' button to the gnome console.
- Display heap stats in Storage daemon without debug level.
- Implement using pg_config for finding PostgreSQL files.
Fixes bug #600. Patch supplied by user.
- Remove -t option from mktemp in mtx_changer.in and use
working directory. Fixes bug #578.
- Update job start time after the any run before job so that
files created by the script are only backed up once. Fixes
- Strip trailing newline only from filenames entered in
the restore command when reading a file. This permits
the user to enter filenames with trailing spaces. Fixes
bug #549. The user supplied a patch that I modified slightly.
- Use the most recent time (st_mtime, st_ctime) in the dir
command in restore. This gives the user a better idea of what
the newest file really is. This fixes bug #574. The fix
was suggested by the user.
- Remove the -f option from the chown in Makefile.in for more
- Change setting the group in Makefile.in to use chgrp for
- Implement a Bacula read/write lock for Python rather
than using the Python lock to avoid recursive problems.
- Correct the uninstall directory names in filed/Makefile.in
as reported by a user.