Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Write Multiple Property Of Device

Help
2011-12-08
2013-04-25
  • Shahid Pathan
    Shahid Pathan
    2011-12-08

I am working on application which use BACnet4j library to communicate with devices. In our development environment we are using VTS simulator. 

I have written a code which send request to write single property (ex:- object_name) of object of device (let say Analog Input) which execute successfully.. For that I used WritePropertyRequest API of BACnet4j library.

But when tried to write multiple property of same object, I am getting error Reject(originalInvokeId=7, rejectReason=9)
    For the above operation I am using WritePropertyMultipleRequest API of BACnet4j library.
    Please help me!!!

• A reject reason 9 is "unrecognizedService". Is your peer configured to understand a WritePropertyMultipleRequest?

• Shahid Pathan
    Shahid Pathan
    2011-12-09

Thanks. Could you please explain me little more or how do i configure peer to understand a WritePropertyMultipleReques

• Sorry, no. You'll need to talk to the developers of the peer software.

• BACnet4J supports both RPM and WPM. If it suits your purposes to use it for both client and server, it should work. Also, you could use BACnet4J as the server, and VTS as the client since they say that VTS can send RPM and WPM.