Version 3.1.0 of BackupPC is available at http://backuppc.sourceforge.net. BackupPC is a perl-based high-performance, enterprise-grade backup system for backing up Linux, WinXX and MacOSX PCs and laptops to a server's disk using SMB, tar or rsync. Features include clever pooling of identical files, no client-side software, and a powerful Apache/CGI user interface.
Release 3.1.0 is a new release with many new features including:
* Added new script BackupPC_archiveStart that allows command-line
starting of archives.
* Added sorting by column feature to host summary table in CGI
* Added some performance improvements, including optional support for
* Added Simplified Chinese and Polish CGI translations.
* Added check to BackupPC at startup that $TopDir can support
* When there is an existing partial, a new partials is only saved
if it has more files than the existing partial.
* Replaced the FAQ link with Wiki in the navigation bar and added
mention of the Wiki to the documentation.
See the ChangeLog for full details.