I just released BackupPC 2.1.0 on SourceForge.
This release has many new features and improvements since 2.0.2:
* Addition of Archive feature from Josh Marshall. Special clients
can be configured to be archive targets (eg: tape drives, CD-R).
* Major changes from Ryan Kucera to add style sheets to the CGI
interface, allowing easy customization. Added new icons and
BackupPC logo. Numerous navigation improvements.
* A failed full backup is now saved as a partial (incomplete) backup,
provided it includes some files. This can be used for browsing,
restoring etc, and also forms the basis of resuming full backups.
* Added support for resuming a full backup for rsync. The partial
full is kept, and to resume an incremental is done against the
partial, and a full is done for the rest.
* Added support for Rsync checksum caching. This means that block
and file checksums do not need to be recomputed on the server
when using rsync.
* Added directory history display to BackupPC_Admin, allowing the
user to quickly see which files changed between backups.
* Added exponential expiry option for full backups.
* Various optimizations to BackupPC_nightly to improve performance,
including the ability to run multiple processes in parallel and
splitting the work across multiple nightly runs.
* Blackout periods can now span midnight, and multiple periods are
* Added Italian translation from Lorenzo Cappelletti, and
Dutch translation from Lieven Bridts.
See the change log for full details.
Thanks to the people who contributed to this release, and everyone
who tried the various beta versions and sent comments or patches.