I have released BackupPC 3.0.0beta0 on SF at:
A new version 0.62 of File::RsyncP that is needed for rsync
hardlink support has also been released on SF and CPAN.
3.0.0beta0 has some substantial new features compared to 2.1.2.
New features include:
* Added configuration and host CGI editor.
* Added rsync hardlink support. Requires latest version of
* Decoupled BackupPC_dump from BackupPC_nightly by making
asynchronous file linking/delete robust to race conditions.
Now only BackupPC_nightly and BackupPC_link are mutually
exclusive so only one runs at a time, and BackupPC_dump and
BackupPC_restore can run anytime.
* Added support for multi-level incrementals. In the style of dump(1),
the level of each incremental can be specified. Each incremental
backups up everything since the most recent backup of a lower level
(fulls are always level 0). Previous behavior was all incrementals
were level 1, meaning they backed up everything since the last full
(level 0). Default configuration is all incrementals are level 1.
* Server file names are now in utf8 and optional conversion
to/from client name charsets can be configured. All CGI pages
now use the utf8 charset.
* Added RSS support from Rich Duzenbury.
* Added optional checking of exit status of Dump/Restore/Archive Pre/Post=
* For new installations configure.pl places all the configuration
files below /etc/BackupPC, bringing it more in line with the
File System Hierarchy Standard (FHS).
See the ChangeLog for full details.
Depending upon the reported bugs and issues there could be
additional patches and beta releases prior to the offical