ScaneRR 0.9.9 not auto downloading

Plugins
k_zeon
2007-09-26
2013-01-31
  • k_zeon
    k_zeon
    2007-09-26

    i have just installed version 0.9.9 and the automatic download is not working.If i rightclick a feed and update,it works if there are new urls to be added and the date & time at the end changes.If nothing has changed since last time nothing happens and the date & time stays the same.I have a default directory set for each filter and also set to load in a stopped state. is anyone else having the same problem.

     
    • Tony
      Tony
      2007-10-01

      I think so.  I can't discount a possible setup error on my part since I just started looking for a way to automate these, but it seems very odd that the scanerss "feed view" tab will show matches of the feed/filter combination on the right but never load them up to the azureus higher level "My Torrents" tab.  I too have them set to import as stopped, because I wanted to make sure I've got these set up correctly before I just let them loose.

      A more aggravating thing is that since I see them there on the right part of the window I went ahead and tried to click on them.  A right click showed a "download" option, but choosing that doesn't move them to actively download either.

      (The crazy thing is I thought I had this working for at least some of the feeds the other day.  Perhaps I just confused myself since I was trying all the RSS plugins to see which I preferred.)

      I wouldn't think so, but maybe I'm outside the proven execution environments?  Is there a known reason this wouldn't work with Azureus V3.0.2.2 and java 1.6.0_02?

       
    • Please take a look into Plugins>Protocols>ScaneRSS Log
      if there are any errors/exceptions please post them here.
      Otherwise consult the Azureus Console while downloading a Torrent.

       
    • Tony
      Tony
      2007-10-01

      Well that will probably go MUCH more smoothly now.  I changed the numeric part of the file size check but missed the unit size field.  The log made that clear, so thank you for pointing out the separate log for this. I'm not quite sure why the right click download wouldn't force it to go anyway no matter the size, but hopefully I won't need to use that now.

      Am I correct that only the file size matching actually goes "into" the details of the final file(s) downloaded?  My portable player really only likes avi and wmv files, so I'm looking for a way to ignore mkv, mp4, etc. when the extensions aren't actually listed in the torrent name.

      Actually, the earliest matches would probably be one of those with 28 or more files in rar format.  Is there is some way to ignore torrents that included #+ sub-files in the torrent? I can see allowing up to 3 (the actual file and maybe a site tag file and text description file) but it would be great to bypass those holding anything more.

       
    • draggy
      draggy
      2007-10-02

      I have a similar problem, but the filenames aren't even matching. I opened up scanerss remote (I'm doing this remotely from azsmrc with the latest betas)  And my rss feed shows up, and the list of torrents are there, but nothing matches on the right side. If I go into pattern assistant for any of my filters, they do match to the something from the feed. But it will not automatically download it.

      I can't find the log either. The server is a linux machine, and a search did not turn up any log files related to scanerss.

      This seems to be related to my previous post. Would the below xml errors cause it not to match?

      the debug_1.log spouts this every minute:

      [0210 10:25:34] [stderr] org.jdom.input.JDOMParseException: Error on line 499: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x8) was found in the element con$
      [0210 10:25:34] [stderr]        at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:468)
      [0210 10:25:34] [stderr]        at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:770)
      [0210 10:25:34] [stderr]        at lbms.plugins.scanerss.main.RSSFeed.read(RSSFeed.java:464)
      [0210 10:25:34] [stderr]        at lbms.plugins.scanerss.main.RSSFeedManager$3.run(RSSFeedManager.java:152)
      [0210 10:25:34] [stderr]        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
      [0210 10:25:34] [stderr] Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x8) was found in the element content of the $
      [0210 10:25:34] [stderr]        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195)
      [0210 10:25:34] [stderr]        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:174)
      [0210 10:25:34] [stderr]        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:388)

       
    • Calgary Shadi
      Calgary Shadi
      2008-03-12

      I'm having a similar problem with ScaneRSS 0.9.9, on both Azureus 2.5.0.x and 3.0.5.x.  It often gets into a state where it will not download new, visible episodes.  Even though these episodes appear in the Feed View and are selected for download by the designated filter, and they pass the download history check, they still do not make it to the download list; unless however, I right click on the feed in question (in the Feed View tab), and select Apply Filter, then select the corresponding filter.  It seems to require this manual intervention for torrent to be selected into the right-hand pane and queued for download.

      In my setup, I have multiple feeds defined, once for each TV series, and a filter (for each feed) designed to select the desired torrents from each feed.  One filter per feed.