Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Possible problem with local feeds (file:///)

Plugins
2007-05-11
2013-01-31
  • I'm not sure if you've implemented the custom save directory concept we discussed before, but a checkin from a couple of days ago seems to have broken the links for local feeds, i.e. feeds of the form "file:///path/to/file.xml".  The URI for a local file requires 3 consecutive solidus (/) and an absolute path.  This is generally the only time you'd have consecutive solidus in a path or URI, but it should be preserved when following a file: protocol marker.  Thus, replace all double solidus (//) with a single (/) IFF the solidus does not immediately follow a file: protocol URI (file:/// is acceptable -- in fact, generally file will always be followed by 3 solidus: 2 after protocol: and since there is no I.P. or internet address, this is immediately followed by a third solidus and no more).

• I've added a bug report for this but I believe the source is a bug in Java's implementation of a URL object.  In the mean time, I have a suggested solution in the bug report now.