Plugins
uschipower
2006-11-16
2013-01-31
  • uschipower
    uschipower
    2006-11-16

Hello,

I am using RSSFeedScanner in Azureus for a long time.
    Now I want to test the ScaneRSS-Scanner if it is better.

Because there is no option to import the config of the RSSFeedScanner to ScaneRSS I have to do copy-and-paste from RSSFeedScanner ScaneRSS (Title, URL, Cookie)
    After I entered some feeds by this way ScaneRSS loses all his Feeds which I entered.
    The xml.rss-file has a size of 0kb. After a Restart of Azureus there is no config in ScaneRSS
    Why?

Best wishes
    Martin

The same in German:
    Hallo

ich benutze schon seit langem den RSSFeedScanner. Nun wollte ich mir mal den ScaneRSS anschauen, ob der besser ist. Vor allem was die erkennung von download-links zu den eigentlichen torrent-files angeht.

Da es ja dummerweise keine import-funktion gibt, um die Konfiguration vom RSSFeedScaner zu übernehmen, muss ich alle Feeds und Filter per Copy und Paste übertragen (eine sehr mühsame tätigkeit)

Wenn ich nun einige Feeds so übernommen habe, verliert ScaneRSS plötzlich seine konfiguration. das xml.rss-file im *.gz-file ist 0kb groß, und nach einem Neustart von Azureus ist auch keine Config mehr sichtbar im ScaneRSS

Warum ist das so?

Und bevor ich mit dem testen weitermache, erkennt der ScaneRSS, dass sich der torrent-download auf der seite http://www.torrentreactor.to/torrents/view_238976
    dass der sich hinter dem link
    http://www.torrentreactor.to/torrents/download_238976
    verbirgt?

Gruß
    Martin

• Hi Martin,

I'm answering in english in case others want to read this too.

Yes ScaneRSS can detect http://www.torrentreactor.to/torrents/view_238976
      but if you want to speed up the things you can set up a replace rule for the download link in the feed.
      Replace /view by /download

Regarding your main problem:
      I've not heared of this once, can you reproduce it? If yes please provide us with the steps.
      I'll suggest a backup if you have entered all the feeds, then after you've entered all the Filters.
      And one after you've linked every filter.

Note that ScaneRSS uses only Regex as Patterns and all Patterns need to be enclosed in .*? eg .*?Test.*?

• uschipower
      uschipower
      2006-11-17

Hello Leonard,

I have the problem all the time, so I've reproduced it several times.
      I think the Problem only occours when entering feeds. I can copy and paste all my filters from RSSFeedScanner to ScaneRSS (of course they're lost because of the problem with the feeds)

I also noticed that when I click on the button "Create a new feed with provided information" that I can't modify from existing feed and save it under a new one. This would be very useful when you have some feeds for example with the same username/password. By this way you don't have to type it several times.
      Or for example if a tracker (f. ex. pirate bay) has more than one feed.
      I have to click first on the button "clear all entries", then i can complete the fields and save a new feed.

I have to make a backup after entering each feed (I have more than 20 feeds!!!), look into the gz-File if the size of the xml-file have a size of 0kb.
      Then I have to restart my complete azureus (takes about 20-30 sec.) and import the last saving with an correct xml-file. This is very circuitous.

I 've also tried to create the xml-file manually with a text-editor but the problem is the feed-id. I don't know how to create this feed-id

By the way, i also tried to uninstall and reinstall the plugin in azureus. The problem is still there.

What can I do???
      Is there an easier way to get the configuration from RSSFeedScanner to ScaneRSS?

Can the problem result from another plugin (perhaps RSSFeedScanner)? I have installed many plugins from the azureus-homepage.

Best wishes
      Martin

• Hi Martin,

does this happen with all feeds or only with special feeds?

Well the feedID is just a random number that has to be unique.
        It is used to identify the feed instead of the name.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to migrate from RSSFeedScanner since it uses a binary-format to save data.

>I also noticed that when I click on the button "Create a new feed with provided information" that I can't modify from existing feed and save it under a new one. This would be very useful when you have some feeds for example with the same username/password. By this way you don't have to type it several times.

We didn't allow it because there shouldn't be a conflict with same names and urls.

Why do you need to restart Azurues? You should be able to load the backup in runtime.

If you want to be a beta tester for ScaneRSS. Read: https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1614635&forum_id=553158

-Leonard

• Alan Wheeler
    Alan Wheeler
    2011-03-19

I'm having a similar problem: my feed configuration doesn't save, so every time I start Azureus I have to restore from my backup… then delete all the items from my feed that I have already downloaded, because that info doesn't get backed up.