[CLIENT] selection is not kept when update

2007-04-18
2013-01-31
  • Jérôme Gout
    Jérôme Gout
    2007-04-18

Hi,

First of all, I would like to thank you for that marvelous tool I use daily to monitor my distant Azureus.

I have noticed a weird behavior of selection in the torrents tab of the client side.
    If the user sort the content of tables by clicking on a column such as up/dl speed which change each refresh time, the selection at one moment is lost and replace by another one.
    It seems that the index of the table is kept but the content of the line under selection is changed.

I would be preferable to track the selected line (torrent) when its position in the sorted table changed.
    when refresh time is small (so the window is refreshed often) it can be difficult to change some option of a selected element are simply to locate it.

That's my 2cents.

Thanks again for your work.
    Jerome

• omschaub
      omschaub
      2007-04-18

Jerome,

This is a great suggestion and quite frankly should be the expected behavior.  I will fix it.

• omschaub
      omschaub
      2007-04-18

Jerome,

I have had a glance at the code and this will take some doing, more than I initially thought.  I still think it is a good idea and I will set myself up a task on it, but it will have to be more 'back burner' thing.