Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

REQ: Rename downloads; URLs; Azureus Updater

Dan
2006-09-21
2013-01-31
  • Dan
    Dan
    2006-09-21

Hi, I'd really like to have the option to rename a download (while downloading), do you think this could be implemented?

Also, it seems that Azureus cannot be patched remotely, as nothing happens when I click the "Send checked to server" button in the "Updates Available" dialog. There might be a connection to the issue that the server also seems to ignore torrent links that are sent to it. Maybe I am doing it wrong (?)

Azureus version: 2.5.0.0
    AzSMRC version: 0.9.8

• Since Renaming is not supported by Azureus afaik we can't do it.

Regarding the patch: if it is about the Core update Checker, this was a new bug that happened with Az 2.5. This is not really an update so nothing will happen. Fixed in 0.9.9

What do you mean it ignores links? Check the console or the status bar. If there is an TorrentException it didn't work.

• Dan
      Dan
      2006-09-21

You're right, there is an exception I overlooked when processing a torrent url: Remote Exception: DownloadManager::addDownload: default data save directory must be configured

This is weird because I have configured the default data save directory and everything works fine if I use "Send torrent FILE to Server" instead of "Send torrent URL to Server".

About renaming: here's a picture of what I mean http://www.hidebehind.com/73DF730

• Dan
      Dan
      2006-09-22

Sorry, wrong pciture... here's the feature I meant (but changing the displayed name would be nice, too ;D) http://www.hidebehind.com/2047BE44

However, I have not yet found out if/how this can be done via the console interface.

• Those functions are not accessible via the PluginInterface yet.