AWStats 5.0 final is ready
It's a pleasure to announce that AWStats 5.0 final has been released.
Version 5.0 is the most important change never made on AWStats.
It solves a lot of problem of low process for large web sites
above all for web hosting providers and add a lot of new features.
You can download 5.0 beta from AWStats official web site:
WHAT'S NEW IN THIS VERSION
- Complete rewrite of update process and code to read/save history files.
AWStats 5.0 is compatible with previous versions (3.x or 4.x).
However if you use awstats 5.0 runtime to read statistics for old month
build with 3.x or 4.x, speed will be a little bit reduce but data will be
To benefit the speed/memory improvement of 5.0 (2 to 8 times faster when
reading stats, less memory use) you can migrate your history files with the
- Fixed: pb when using several tags with different offset in LogFile name.
- Fixed: Create of directory with CreateDataDirIfNotExists is made with 0766
instead of 0666.
- New feature: Track detailed minor and major version for browsers.
- New feature: Added bandwidth report for robots and errors.
- New feature: Support DNS cache files for DNS lookup.
- New feature: Added Plugins support and several working plugins:
A GMT correcter, A hash file DNS cache saver/reader...
- New feature: Use framed report (new UseFramesWhenCGI parameter).
- "Never updated" and "Exact value ..." are now in language files.
- Reduce number of global vars in code.
- New feature: DefaultFile parameter accepts several values.
- New feature: Added all robots and last robots full list report.
- New feature: Added all logins and last logins full list report.
- New feature: Added url entry and url exit full list report.
- New feature: Added AllowAccessFromWebToFollowingIPAddresses parameter
- New parameter: LogSeparator for log files with exotic separators.
- New parameter: EnableLockForUpdate to allow lock for update process.
- New parameter: DecodeUA to make AWStats work correctly with Roxen.
- New tag for logfile: %WY is replaced by week number in year.
- Added slovak, spanish (catalan) language files and updated a lot of language
- Made changes to allow FTP log analysis.
- Made changes to prepare sendmail log analysis.
- Updated belarus flag.
- Updated os, browsers, robots, search engines database.
- Added a map of history files at beginning of files to allow other tools
to read AWStats history files or part of them very quickly.
- Other minor changes and bug fixes.
Laurent Destailleur for AWStats.