Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

securing awstats output

Developers
cakicins
2005-05-30
2012-10-11
  • cakicins
    cakicins
    2005-05-30

In a hosting evnironment I would like to secure the output for each site so that only the site admins have access to their statistics. Has anyone done this?

• A simple way (with Apache) is to add a .htaccess in the awstats dir, granting access only to some users.

Or you can generate static html files with awstats, each set of files in a specific directory for each site. And then add .htaccess to that dir.

• cakicins
      cakicins
      2005-05-31

Chris,

Thank you for your reply unfortunately i'm on IIS 6, and would rather not go the route of static pages if at all possible. I'm looking at either editing the awstats.pl or creating a wrapper script at this point.

• TJ
      TJ
      2005-06-11

If your customers have machine accounts, remove permission for the MACHINE\IUSR_MACHINE to execute awstats.pl so the user will be challenged for authentication.

If not how about using the Authentix ISAPI (www.flicks.com) because it can access any type of user database and provides HTTP BASIC authentication.