Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

ignoring dns cache files?

Developers
sedona
2009-08-19
2012-10-11
  • sedona
    sedona
    2009-08-19

I've run into an issue with awstats ignoring the static dns file. For example reprocessing all the log files for the month with just DNSLookup=2, it ignores the dnscache.txt file (every IP is unresolved). I copied the content from dnscachelastupdate.myweb.txt into the dnscache.txt file - still no difference. I've tried a few varitions of DNSStaticCacheFile without any difference. I have the dnscache.txt file in the same dir as the dnscachelastupdate.myweb.txt file (DataDir). I'm at a loss for what is going on.

Also, with DNSLookup=1, and going into the dnscachelastupdate.myweb.txt file, manually updating a couple unresolved IP's manually - these show back up as unresolved after I trash my current month stats file and reprocess all the logs. There are only a couple hundrep IP's in the file, so I don't know why it's replacing the unresolved IP's with a * after having manually changed them. I can tell from the speed of processing that it is using the dnscachelastupdate.myweb.txt file to resolve IP's - so I am baffled why it's replacing my manual changes with an asterisk.

Any suggestions or insights would be appreciated.