Where are stats saved/kept?

Developers
opentoe
2013-03-06
2013-03-07
  • opentoe
    opentoe
    2013-03-06

I'm using Awstats on my websites. I have a VPS and manage it through cpanel and WHM. I have my log rotation set to NOT keep logs over 35 days but when I visit my Awstats for my site I can still see last months stats there. It must be keeping this information some where, right? Does anyone know what controls this, how long does Awstats keep this info? Thanks.

• opentoe
    opentoe
    2013-03-07

I read the section there but the folders listed were just examples. None of them were on my system. No one knows how the data is kept or where it is?

• Of course this section does not tell you where AWStats keeps its database files. This section is part of a config file that allows you to specify this location. In order to know where the files actually are you need to have a look at the corresponding section in the config file used by your installation of AWStats. Did you have a look into the directory where awstats.pl is located? (That's the default location). Maybe you will find files named like awstatsMMYYYY.www.example.com.txt
    MM: Month
    YYYY: Year
    www.example.com: insert your domain name.