FreeNode IRC channels

Developers
2005-05-23
2012-10-11
  • As some of you know, I set up the #awstats channel on FreeNode IRC a while back for chatting about AWstats, mutual support and such stuff.

FreeNode has implimented a policy[1] of distinguishing "primary" and "about" channels, represented by the name of the channel having one or two #s, respectively.

So, I've also set up ##awstats, but would like the powers that be to decide what they want to do about #awstats.

If you're happy to have #awstats left as the primary and for me to carry on running it, dispensing arbitrary justice and abuse, giving bad advice and sullying the reputation of the project, then I'm happy to do so. If you'd like to get ops on the channel, then I can set that up. If you want to take over and send me packing, then I can help with that, too.

Since I'm not on the mailing list, I'll keep an eye on the archive, but would appreciate getting any questions or answers at A.J.Caines@halplant.com.

You are of course invited to join and chat. I'm AJ_Z0 there and am always in the channel, even if I'm not chatting.

[1] http://freenode.net/policy.shtml#channelnaming