Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Can the awstats.pl be set to automatically...

2004-10-11
2012-10-11
  • Can the awstats.pl be set to automatically run every 24 hours? I tried scheduled tasks (I'm running it on windows IIS5.) but it doesn't update the stats.
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I've posted before without any success.

Thanks!

• This is quite easy to do in Linux using crontab, but I guess you don't want to hear that!

• perl awstats.pl -config=yourdomain -update

This is the command you should use in your task manager. Whatever task manager that might be.

Best regards,

tfranzke

• awstats.pl -config=yourdomain -update is what I have set on the scheduled task and it says it is running but it does not update the stats. I end up having to run the script from the command prompt and then it works. I don't want to have to do this every single day. I have this on more than one of my websites. Any other suggestions?

• So, what exactly happens when you run the task? Do you see any errors? Do you have a screenshot / output?

Best regards,

tfranzke

• I have the exact same problem, im using the Scheduled Tasks and "awstats.pl -config=domain.com -update" simply flashes a command prompt on the screen and under Last Result says 0x2 which im taking to mean some sort of error. It updates fine under command line though.

• Does your scheduler user account or the programm have sufficient permissions to write to the awstats data directory. What scheduler are you using?

Best regards,

tfranzke

• Im using the windows Task Scheduler. As for permission I think so, my account is an administrator and i typed in my password for it to use.

• Im using the windows Task Scheduler. As for permission I think so, my account is an administrator and i typed in my password for it to use.

• It sounds to me like you might not be getting the new log data, perhaps from a log file rotation. Are you sure AWStats is setup to pickup the stats and isn't just reusing an old file?

• McLamb
      McLamb
      2004-10-13

Ok, I made a workaround that works just as well, make a new text document and put the awstats.pl -config=yourdomain -update thing on the first line, then rename this file to update.bat Now goto your Scheduled tasks and browse for the update.bat file and use that. BTW, make sure you have the absolute path to your awstats.pl in that file, ex. C:/htdocs/awstats.pl.....

Hope this helps.