AWStats - SkipFiles

Ron
2009-08-06
2013-03-04
  • Ron
    Ron
    2009-08-06

AWStats is fantastic! Have a question though.
    I have modified my .conf file to skip a couple of files that are very common in WordPress installs. Here is my skipFiles line:
    SkipFiles="robots.txt$ favicon.ico$ wp-cron.php get_mail.php admin-ajax.php"
    Should it be:
    SkipFiles="robots.txt$ favicon.ico$ wp-cron.php$ get_mail.php$ admin-ajax.php$"

I'm fairly certain I have tried it both ways. The first follows the badpage.html example in the conf file. Everything is in quotes. Spaces. Changed Permission to 444 and back again to 644.

Any ideas here? Thanks for any help.

• Ron
      Ron
      2009-08-06

Jean-Luc,
      Thank you for the quick response.
      Advanced Web Statistics 6.9 (build 1.925)

Put the slash in front of the wp-cron.php and uploaded. CHMOD to 444 if that matters.

"Update Now" clicked and wp-cron.php still in my list. ??

Thank You

• Jean-Luc
      Jean-Luc
      2009-08-06

What is already in the AWStats database file will not be changed because of the change in SkipFiles.

I mean that if you had 100 hits on /wp-cron.php before the update, this value will remain unchanged for ever even after new updates. If you don't want that and if all your log files are still available, you could remove the existing AWStats database files and run all updates again.

Jean-Luc
      http://www.internetofficer.com/awstats/

• Ron
      Ron
      2009-08-06

Wow I feel silly. That explains everything.

Thank you very much.

• Jean-Luc
      Jean-Luc
      2009-08-06

Hi,

What version of AWStats are you using ? If you use a recent version, it should be:

SkipFiles="/file_in_main_dir.php /some_dir/another_script.php"
      (without regular expressions; must be the exact URL including query string if any; no special character allowed)

or

SkipFiles="REGEX[name_including_bla.*bla]"
      (with a regular expression between square brackets)

You can use both versions in the same SkipFiles command.

Jean-Luc
      http://www.internetofficer.com/awstats/