Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Data not displayed when using command line

2013-08-11
2013-08-11
  • I have a feature/bug/misconfiguration question. I am quite new to awstats and perhaps have created a misconfiguration in the conf file.

Issue:

I've noticed that if I use update from the browser, I can see stats for the date the logfile points to.

However, if I run update from command line on the same file no data is displayed for the day.

Details follow:

Using the following command line

perl awstats.pl -config=awstats.dbc.conf -update -logfile="D:/path-to-log/u_ex100401.log"

creates a file in my DirData folder named

awstats042010.txt

Selecting that month and year from the browser generates the URL

www.mysite.com/path-to-awstats/awstats.pl?month=04&year=2010&output=main&config=DBC&framename=index

which displays an awstats page that contains no data.

If I then rename the file in the data folder from "awstats042010.txt" to "awstats042010.DBC.txt" and refresh the page, the data is displayed.

Deleting the previous data and starting over, if I have AllowToUpdateStatsFromBrowser set to 1, and can therefore initiate the update from the browser, and have the Logfile set to "u_ex100401.log" the browser update creates a file named

"awstats042010.DBC.txt"

The browser displays this data without issue.

So what have I mis-configured?

OS Environment:

Microsoft Windows Web Server 2008, Service Pack 2

Suggestions appreciated, thanks,

--Dale