Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Auto Updating Stats

2004-10-04
2012-10-11
  • Hello all,

I am currently using AWStats to generate stats from log files in IIS and everything seems to be working fine with the exception of the following problem:

I have set the AllowToUpdateStatsFromBrowser to 1 (true) so if I click the "Update Now" link on the AWstats page it performs an update - the problem is that this only seems to update the data for the current day, so if I have not run the manual update for a few days the previous day(s) data is not processed and I have to go through a full manual update to get this back.

I have checked through the docs & faq and cant find anything directly relevant (its probably there but I have missed it). So does anybody know of a way to get the "Update Now" link to process all outstanding logs and not just those for today?

An alternative would be to create a scheduled task to does this every evening but I would prefer to use the "update now" option.

• I found out the hard way that you need to compile all the older logs into one big fat log, change your conf file to point to that file and then run it. Then update awstats daily to keep up.