Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Setting up awstats for multiple log files (clustered)

nrmesh
2014-03-28
2014-03-31
  • nrmesh
    nrmesh
    2014-03-28

Hi,

I am trying to setup awstats for couple sites that are clustered using apache. Initial configuration and creation of conf file for those sites are completed. For one time I was able to even generate the database (stats file) using the name. When I try to schedule this in a cron job or even if I run it manually its creating a file with out a site name. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Command that I use is -

perl /awstats/awstats-7.3/wwwroot/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -config=awstats.mysite.conf >> /var/tmp/awstats_genreport_mysite_$(date +\%Y\%m\%d).log 2>&1

Under the databases (Datadir) I see a file as -

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 857546 Mar 28 11:47 awstats032014.mysite.txt

But when I rerun the program it creates a new file as -

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 871481 Mar 28 13:44 awstats032014.txt

Did anyone come across this issue? Please note I am using logresolvemerge.pl with a wild card something like below.

LogFile="/awstats/awstats-7.3/tools/logresolvemerge.pl /patha/to/mysite-access /pathb/to/mysite-access |"

Please help.

Thanks
    Ramesh

• What about if you just use parameter config like this
    -config=mysite

Also try to remove any awstats.conf files and check your conf files are into /etc/awstats directory.

Last edit: Laurent Destailleur (Eldy) 2014-03-30
    • nrmesh
      nrmesh
      2014-03-31

Thanks a ton. That's resolved the issue. Appreciate your help.