Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Error line 133 and 399 in 2.5.1 Ubuntu

Help
Anonymous
2010-08-12
2013-05-29

• Anonymous
    2010-08-12

Hey, just have these errors when trying to run it from the terminal to test it.

root@db:/# sh /mysql_backup.sh
    /mysql_backup.sh: 133: source: not found
    /mysql_backup.sh: 399: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Any ideas?

• Anonymous
    2010-08-12

Just to help, this is line 399:

function get_debian_pw() {

and this is line 133:

fi

(the end of the if statement).

• tiezeman
    tiezeman
    2010-08-17

I'm having the same problem.
    The first error relates to the end of the config section, which should be used if the external config-file doesn't exist. In my case the external file does exist, yet it still returns the "source: not found" message.

The line 399 is probably connected to the config file not being read, resulting in an empty password in the function called at line 399.

This problem doesn't go away when including the external config options into the main file.

• tiezeman
    tiezeman
    2010-08-17

Solved it; I remembered someting similar a while ago. /bin/sh isn't guaranteed to work as /bin/bash in Ubuntu, so in order to run this file without error, invoke it by bash:

# bash automysqlbackup

To have it executed in your cron folder, in which the files are typically called by /bin/sh, just create a file like this:

#!/bin/sh
    bash /some_other_folder/automysqlbackup

It worked for me, I hope it helps you.

• Kani
    Kani
    2011-09-08

Yes, this helped me today. Thanks much.

• PittaGurneyi
    PittaGurneyi
    2011-09-09

The syntax function function_name() {} is not POSIX compliant and is only handled by bash. Since there is no good reason to use the function keyword in front of the function name, I will remove it and add a new 2.5* version in the following days. Then at least this problem is gone.