Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Windows Cygwin Error

Help
sahunt83
2011-11-17
2013-05-29
  • sahunt83
    sahunt83
    2011-11-17

when I run the automysqlbackup from my Cygwin command line (Windows 7) I get the following error:

Error: The mysql server is empty, i.e. no databases found. Check if something is wrong. Exiting.
    Error log below...
    ./automysqlbackup: line 1091: read: read error: 0: Communication error on send

Does this look like it could be a Windows path error or some other problem associated with Windows? Or is there something else going on here?

Thanks.

• sahunt83
    sahunt83
    2011-11-17

Also, forgot to note. I'm trying to run this thing locally which may also be a factor.

• PittaGurneyi
    PittaGurneyi
    2011-11-18

Hi, please test the following and tell me what happens (on a console):
    mkfifo mypipe
    echo -e "a\nb\nc" > mypipe &
    while read -r line; do arr+=("$line");done < mypipe
    rm mypipe
    for i in "${arr}"; do echo "$i"; done

And then to make sure there really is something in your database:
    mysql -user="PUT_YOUR_USER_HERE" -password="YOUR_PW_HERE" -host="YOUR_HOST_HERE" -batch -skip-column-names -e "show databases"

Of course I want only the output of it, don't copy the line where you inserted your user and password.

• PittaGurneyi
    PittaGurneyi
    2011-11-24

Try new 3.0_rc4 version. mkfifo is no longer used and thus it should work now for you. Please confirm that.