Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

The last Backup

Help
FewG2010
2010-07-04
2013-05-29
  • FewG2010
    FewG2010
    2010-07-04

It's something wrong; My database is backing up every hour, but I find only the latest backup-file in the folder; All other files were deleted.

• FewG2010
    FewG2010
    2010-07-04

Or how can i change it that all backups will be deleted after 7-10 days

• Hi,

could you provide a bit more information please.
    Do you have "SEPDIR=no"?

It was originally intended to run the script once per day. Shorter sequences are not fully supported yet. In some cases files with the name of the day are deleted for rotating. After deleting them the new backup is stored. This will change in the next release.

• FewG2010
    FewG2010
    2010-07-04

configs

# List of DBBNAMES for Monthly Backups.
    MDBNAMES="mysql $DBNAMES"
    # List of DBNAMES to EXLUCDE if DBNAMES are set to all (must be in " quotes)
    DBEXCLUDE=""
    # Include CREATE DATABASE in backup?
    CREATE_DATABASE=yes
    # Separate backup directory and file for each DB? (yes or no)
    SEPDIR=yes
    # Which day do you want weekly backups? (1 to 7 where 1 is Monday)
    DOWEEKLY=6
    # Choose Compression type. (gzip or bzip2)
    COMP=gzip
    # Compress communications between backup server and MySQL server?
    COMMCOMP=no
    # Additionally keep a copy of the most recent backup in a seperate directory.
    LATEST=no
    #  The maximum size of the buffer for client/server communication. e.g. 16MB (maximum is 1GB)
    MAX_ALLOWED_PACKET=
    #  For connections to localhost. Sometimes the Unix socket file must be specified.
    SOCKET=

• FewG2010
    FewG2010
    2010-07-04

Im using cronjobs to run this script every hour.

• Okay, try the new upload Version 2.5.1. It has some bugfixes and the routine of rotating old backups has changed.
    If you'd like the sequences (daily, weekly …) to be customized file a feature request, please.

• FewG2010
    FewG2010
    2010-07-04

Thanks,  works fine.