Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

automysqlbackup v3.0_rc6 - error 1142

2012-12-17
2015-02-20
  • Mike Tarkowski
    Mike Tarkowski
    2012-12-17

When I run automysqlbackup /etc/automysqlbackup/myserver.conf  get the following error.  I see a number of suggestions for adding a grep line but they appear to be solutions for older releases.  Does anyone know a soluiton for eliminating the error with the newer version automysqlbackup v3.0_rc6?

Error message

mysqldump: Got error: 1142: SELECT,LOCK TABL command denied to user 'root'@'localhost' for table 'cond_instances' when using LOCK TABLES
    du: WARNING: use -si, not -H; the meaning of the -H option will soon change to be the same as that of -dereference-args (-D)

Thanks,

MT

• fullmoonguru
    fullmoonguru
    2013-01-30

This worked for me on Ubuntu server 12.04:

in /etc/mysqlbackup/myserver.conf, find:

# List of DBNAMES to EXLUCDE if DBNAMES is empty, i.e. ().
    #CONFIG_db_exclude=( 'information_schema' )

and change to:

# List of DBNAMES to EXLUCDE if DBNAMES is empty, i.e. (). 
    CONFIG_db_exclude=( 'performance_schema' 'information_schema' 'cond_instances' )

Please note that I newb & this could result in some unforseen issue that I'm not aware of.  This answer referenced this page as the source:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/134670/how-do-i-stop-automysqlbackup-throwing-lock-tables-error

• Archana
    Archana
    2015-02-20

CONFIG_db_exclude=( 'performance_schema' 'information_schema' 'cond_instances' )

same worked for me on fedora

Last edit: Archana 2015-02-20