spaces at the beginning of sliced audio

Help
Mr. Pony
2005-06-01
2013-04-01
  • Mr. Pony
    Mr. Pony
    2005-06-01

I've been using AudioSlicer 1.0.2 to cut up long recorded dialogue for use in Flash movies. You know, I talk into the microphone and say, "Hi, my name is Tim." [pause] "I'm fourteen feet tall!" [pause] "I've committed many crimes today!" and so on.
    Now, AudioSlicer works just great for cutting these sentences up into individual files, but whenever I do it, there are these long spaces before the talking! The files look like this, after slicing.

1.  [pause]  "Hi, my name is Tim."
    2.  [pause] "I'm fourteen feet tall!"
    3.  [pause] "I've committed many crimes today!"

Is there any way to set AudioSlicer so these pauses are eliminated? Any help would be much obliged. I'm using the default preferences.

Thanks,
    Mr. Pony

• Bernd Heller
      Bernd Heller
      2005-06-04

There's currently no way to remove silences with AudioSlicer. it was created for radioplays and such in the first place, where it's not a problem to keep the silences as part of the split files. maybe you can find some tool to batch process the resulting split files to remove trailing silences.

Bernd

• Mr. Pony
        Mr. Pony
        2005-06-04

Oh! Thanks for clearing that up. That makes a lot of sense. I'll start looking. Thanks for your help, Bernd!