Latest News January 18, 2010:
The Audacity Team is pleased to announce the release of Audacity 1.3.11 (Beta) for Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. This release fixes a number of bugs reported to us in 1.3.10. Thank you to everyone who sent us feedback.
1.3.11 continues to have provisional support for Windows 7. It is also strongly recommended for Windows Vista and Mac OS X 10.6, rather than 1.2 Stable. We ask everyone to help us test 1.3.11 and let us know of any problems you find.
Advanced users are encouraged to test our subsequent fixes as we make them by downloading our Nightly Builds:
Please send all bug reports for 1.3.11 and Nightly Builds to our feedback address:
informing us what operating system you are on.
Beta releases are still ongoing at present. If you are not already doing so, please subscribe at:
to receive news of all our future releases.
Summary of Changes in 1.3.11:
Bug fixes for:
* Too much audio exported when exporting partial selections
* Exports via FFmpeg corrupted if included metadata; M4A now supports metadata export
* Nyquist plug-ins did not add labels to an existing label track
* Crash opening Preferences when no audio devices available
* Timer Record and Sound Activated Recording bugs
* (Windows) Installer now installs correctly over previous Audacity versions
* Miscellaneous crashes and interface issues
* (Windows) Higher resolution icon file
* New Sound Finder plug-in for labelling regions of audio
Note: This release does not support Windows 98 or ME, for which 1.3.7 is still available.
- Audacity Team