| From "Carmelo Battaglia" <battaglia.carmelo@...>
| Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:35:22 +0100
| Subject: [Audacity-translation] File it.po web site corrected
> I checked the Italian translation of the website Audacity in the web
> site itself and I think that is well managed, although they were missing
> a number of spaces between words and language were some minor flaws that
> I corrected. There are however some problems. In the page "Get Involved"
> headers "Purchase from the Audacity Store" and "Make a donation" remain
> in English;
> in the page "Source code" header "System requirements" remain in
> in the page "New features in 1.3" the sections "New in Audacity
> 1.3.7, 1.3.6, 1.3.5, 1.3.4 and 1.3.3" remain i English;
> in the page "Credits" good part of the section "History" remain in English.
> In the file it.po these sections are all regularly translated into Italian.
> Why does this happen?
It happens because the people who worked on those pages (sometimes
years ago, including me when I was learning this) did not make those
sections as translatable strings (or they did, but the syntax was wrong
so it did not produce the string).
There are other pages which have related problems too, but none of these
instances are in the .po file, because there is no string that could put them
in it. What you have translated in the .po file are instances of similar text
on other pages, and those are already translated on the web site.
I've made strings in various places I found them lacking, but the "New
Features in 1.3" instances for those old versions of Audacity are
obviously only of moderate priority to translate.
> Attach the file it.po web site Audacity corrected.
I've committed it, thanks. I'm attaching a new it.po updated from the
new audacity_website.pot, including the new strings I had made. I
notice now that the "System Requirements" links at the top of the
Stable downloads pages for Windows, Mac and Linux need a string.
Please let me know if you come across any other parts that aren't