Nonlinear Compressor Tanh v.2 - Nyquist plug-in for Audacity
File: nctv2-odd-overtones-tanh.ny (in the attachment)
Compression curve: 03 compression curve nctv2-odd-tanh k 5 w 0.5.png
(in the attachment)
+ other compression curves (in the attachment)
Nonlinear Compressor Tanh produces natural loudness along with odd
overtones: 1, 3, 5,...
With this plugin, one can easily create a kind of psychedelic music
capable of provoking
How to use:
1. Normalize to 0dB
2. Apply Generator of Even Overtones v.2 (default settings)
3. Remove DC offset with Normalizer [this will delete the 0-overtone A*cos(0*x)]
4. Normalize to 0dB
5. Apply Nonlinear Compressor Tanh v.2 (default settings)
6. Remove DC offset (there sould not be such an offset, because
7. Attenuate subsonic noise and low and high frequency noise with
Low and High Pass Filter, and/or Band Pass Filter.
All operations are to be performed with 32-bit resolution.
The theory is here: