I added a "Font..." item to the label track menu that lets you choose
the font (from any of the fonts installed on your system, not just the
standard wx five).
I also added basic printing support - currently it just scales the
entire project to fit on one page, preserving the proportional spacing
between tracks. It makes the track background white instead of gray
and doesn't display any UI elements Basically just the track data,
plus a ruler at the top. In the CVS HEAD, this requires adding the new
source file Printing.cpp to the project, but in the 1.2 branch, I just
hacked it right into Menus.cpp.
Later I'm imagining adding a dialog allowing the user to control the
number of pages to print, either by typing a number of pages, or by
choosing the number of seconds of audio to display per page. Any other
ideas on how printing could work?
Both of these features were requested by a guest at the Audacity party,
for use in linguistic transcription work.
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 02:33:32 -0700, Dominic Mazzoni
> Later I'm imagining adding a dialog allowing the user to control the
> number of pages to print, either by typing a number of pages, or by
> choosing the number of seconds of audio to display per page. Any other
> ideas on how printing could work?
As it is required mainly for transcription, value of scale should be
OK for printing label track as is. This should be point of start, I
Usually university people print transcriptions/pitch data from apps
like CoolEdit to paper roll, not to A4/Letter/whatever. Thus
calculating amount of pages in this case isn't really neccesary, to my
> Both of these features were requested by a guest at the Audacity party,
> for use in linguistic transcription work.
I remember myself posting a letter about it as well :)
Hello again everyone, sorry I havnt been around much, eye problems have
kept me away from the computer.
I was just testing 1.2.2 and I see the track/pan sliders are still set up
with 3db increments and unintended initial movement of the slider unless
you click exactly on its current position. Now I know the 3db problem can
be cured by holding down shift, but even so this slider behavior is no
good for fine adjustment IMO.
Ive attached code which makes the same slider changes I submitted to this
list before, but is optional. ie unless you turn on the "Enable Accurate
Sliders" option the sliders still behave as they used to.
Hope this is useful. I made these changes to the 1.2.2pre source which I
got from the web page.