Just Launched: You can now import projects and releases from Google Code onto SourceForge
We are excited to release new functionality to enable a 1-click import from Google Code onto the Allura platform on SourceForge. You can import tickets, wikis, source, releases, and more with a few simple steps. Read More
From: Leland Lucius <audacity@ho...> - 2005-11-29 01:57:35
A few things I've committed:
1) Incorporated Selection bar changes I'd committed earlier to 1_3_0
2) Converted the Tools toolbar to double row
3) Fix to prevent calling Mixer toolbar before being initalized.
4) Fix for toolbar positioning after dragging. Actually, I gave up
on it as wxGTK simply would not cooperate. Bar position will
be the mouse coordinates at button up.
There's 2 issues with toolbars that I can see:
1) Under wxGTK, the toolbar is truncated by 1 pixel at the bottom of
the window. It seems that wxGTK isn't returning the proper size
here or it's using a pixel row it shouldn't be. Try the Meter
bar and resize it to see that the bar does draw properly once
the frame is resized by at least 1 pixel (well, 2 actually).
Unknown how to fix it. I'd hate to add a little space at the
bottom as the problem doesn't occur under Windows.
2) Dragging an image can be ugly if a portion of the bar is obscured
by another window as in:
Notice that I was dragging the Transcription bar and the Tools
bar was overlaying it a bit. Under Windows, when the drag image
is captured, whatever is on top of the window will also be captured.
Under wxGTK, the obscured portion will simply be white.
3) Another problem occurs when a bar is dragged over the Mixer toolbar
as you can see here:
I was dragging the Edit toolbar around and stopped just over the Mixer
bar to illustrate how the sliders overlay the drag image. This is
because the sliders are being updated and require refreshing.
A solution for the last two would be to switch from the drag image
approach to actually dragging the window itself. I've tried it under
Windows and wxGTK. The former worked very well and the latter failed.
But, wxGTK could (probably) be beat into submission give a little time.
So I'm asking...Should I pursue it?