Help
Peggy
2013-10-16
2013-10-21
  • Peggy
    Peggy
    2013-10-16

Hi all,
    When I build a tree and I perform "cone tree" algorithm, the tree is not similar to cone tree! Its base is not a cone at all! I run this in windows 7.
    Would you please help me? or tell me another tool to draw cone tree.
    Thanks.

• Adam Miller
    Adam Miller
    2013-10-16

Can you put a link to a snapshot of what the rendering is that you're doing, and explain how it is not what you want it to be?

• Peggy
      Peggy
      2013-10-17

A similar figure I want to see is in here: http://www.spicynodes.org/reference-representations.html

The one that tulip shows me is "snapshot.bmp" that's attached and it's NOT a cone tree!! It is a simple tree...!(see the attachment plz)

I want to present about cone tree for data mining course and I need a software or tool. Do you know another tool to draw cone tree?
      Or do you have any idea?

Last edit: Peggy 2013-10-17
      Attachments
  • If the output degree of each non leaf node of your tree equals 2, the resulting drawing will be a classical 2d drawing ... If it is not the case, try to rotate the view with the mouse while holding ctrl or shift to make the cone tree drawing appears more clearly.

• Peggy
      Peggy
      2013-10-17

When I try to see it from bottom view. the bottom is not a circle (since the base of cone is circle), instead, it is a triangle. See the attachment please, it is a complete tree, depth=4, node=3.

Attachments
      • It's still standard behaviour of the cone tree algorithm. Each child of a node are regularly placed on a circle. So if each non leaf-node has three child, the resulting layout of these children will looks like a triangle (4 childs a square, 5 childs a pentagon and so on ...)