Discussion
TiggerFan
2013-04-08
2013-04-09
  • TiggerFan
    TiggerFan
    2013-04-08

Hi,

I have a request for an enhancement. Long story short, i have my music files on a linux server. I use Samba to mount the music vol on my windows box where i also use aTunes.

Sometimes i'll have an issue and the vol won't be mapped on windows when i start up atunes and that causes all my playlist to be emptied out because it can't find the files.

Is there some way you can stop this from occurring or prompt if it is ok to empty the list(s) of missing files?

or someway to make backups of playlists. I have over 11,000 music files so this can be a big deal as i could have lots of playlists if i knew they wouldn't all vanish the next time i had a samba or networking issue and loose everything.

cheers,
    mark.

• fleax
    fleax
    2013-04-09

Hi,

ok, I will add a confirmation before removing files.

By the way there is an option that can help you: in Preferences, Repository there is a text field to enter "Command to execute before accessing repository". You could type there a command like "net use..." os something similar to map share in your windows before trying to load repository. I used from a Linux machine, but it should work in Windows too.

• fleax
    fleax
    2013-04-09

Done for 3.1.0:
    - When repository does not exist you will be able to ignore, retry or select a new one
    - When an object in play list does not exist aTunes will ask you to remove it

Change is now in SVN and tonight in daily build