Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

OutOfMemory PermGenSpace

Help
2009-11-17
2013-04-05
  • Gareth Webbley
    Gareth Webbley
    2009-11-17

Hi,

I am running Artifactory 2.1.2 under Tomcat 6.  I am using artifactory as a maven proxy repository and to store my own artifacts.  After running 2 or 3 builds I am getting OutOfMemory PermGenSpace errors.  I have found a few articles about how to overcome PermGenSpace errors but none of them have helped.  Any ideas as to why I am getting these problems and how I get around them ?

Thanks

• Fred Simon
    Fred Simon
    2009-11-17

You can change the PermGen size in tomcat/bin/setenv.sh and add add "-XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m" to CATALINA_OPTS.
    There is a JIRA issue to follow this: http://issues.jfrog.org/jira/browse/RTFACT-2340

• Gareth Webbley
    Gareth Webbley
    2009-11-17

Thanks for the response but I have tried this and other settings and nothing seems to prevent the PermGen problems from happening eventually.  My current settings are :-

-XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled

and I am still getting the problem after 2-3 builds and uploads