ART Help
Pete
2012-11-07
2012-12-07
  • Pete
    Pete
    2012-11-07

Hi,

I wanted to find out if there is a way to create a Heatmap similar to the Excel version of Conditional Color Formatting?

Also is there a way to create a bubble Chart, with Bubbles as the values bigger bubbles bigger values, etc..

Thank you.

• Timothy Anyona
    Timothy Anyona
    2012-11-10

There's no heatmap or bubble chart query type within ART. However, if it's a feature of Excel, you could try using the [wiki: jXLS Spreadsheets] feature to get what you need.

• Pete
    Pete
    2012-11-28

Hi,

So now that Cewolf 1.2 supports Heatmaps how do we get it added to ART ?

Thanks.

• Timothy Anyona
      Timothy Anyona
      2012-11-29

It will take a week or so to implement and release a new ART version with support for heat maps.

• Timothy Anyona
        Timothy Anyona
        2012-12-02

ART 2.4.1 has been released with experimental support for heat maps so you can try it out.

• Pete
    Pete
    2012-12-05

Thanks, I just Upgraded to 2.4.1.

BTW you are missing a step in the upgrade manual:

http://sourceforge.net/p/art/wiki/Upgrading/

You didn't mention that you have to copy back the ArtRepositoryDB from the backup into the new one.

I will try the new heat maps and post.

thx

• Timothy Anyona
    Timothy Anyona
    2012-12-06

The upgrade instructions were generic for any database and not necessarily the default/sample database. I've added a note for the default database. Out of curiosity. Is there a reason you are using the default database and not your own.

• Pete
    Pete
    2012-12-06

Thanks,
    I am only using queries to pull data from another postgresql DB so most of the ART logic is done at the DB level which is why i don't need another DB for the ART repository as my repository consist of queries only no real data for display in ART as a BI tool.

Also on the note regarding the heat maps, I am able to create the heat chart, but how about being able to create a Heat table ?

Thx.

• Timothy Anyona
    Timothy Anyona
    2012-12-07

OK. Although you are aware that if you undeploy the application, accidentally or otherwise, you will lose the repository database.

What do you mean by a heat table.