There was a brazilian holiday last thursday, and that did not help us get
things done. So this release doesn't bring a lot of things.
However we did program a workspace persistence feature, whcich is really
Here's a list of everything that changed:
* Workspace state is persisted across program runs. Every drawing open the
last time you worked will be reopen once you run Archimedes again.
* Auto save: open drawing are automatically saved from time to time, and
also in case of program crash. See the Workspace Preferences dialog (Edit
menu) for options on time interval for the auto save, and other things.
* The number of selected elements is informed on the interpreter box
whenever a selection happens. Just so you how many elements you're just
about to erase...
* Normalization of ESC/Enter behaviour. They both now end comands, and don't
undo them. See line and polyline creation commands for an example of this.
* Rectangle and arc creation ignore the status of the orto button. (When the
orto was on, it was impossible to make a proper rectangle).
* Work has progressed on extend and text edition, though both are yet
* Copying and pasting between drawings is now referred to as copying and
pasting from and to the clipboard.
Enjoy, if you'd like, these little changes.
Next week is a stable release!