Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Archimedes on AMD64

2007-11-21
2013-04-30
  • java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/graylion/Downloads/Archimedes/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/44/1/.cp/libswt-pi-gtk-3236.so: /home/graylion/Downloads/Archimedes/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/44/1/.cp/libswt-pi-gtk-3236.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)

haelp! ;)

• Hugo Corbucci
      Hugo Corbucci
      2007-12-06

Hello Bernhard,
      I'm very sorry it took me so long to answer you.
      So, I've done a couple researches. The matter is pretty simple: I haven't joined an SWT 64 bits library for archimedes. I thought this would not matter but it seams it does.

Would you care to tell me exactly what hardware and operating system version are you using?
      I would probably need to release a new version of archimedes so solve your problems but I can try to send you a direct patch before I can rework on Archimedes.

Friendly,
      Hugo

• Hi Hugo,
      I encountered (I think) the same problem as Bernhard, on an ubuntu gusty 64bits system running on a notebook with a turion64 cpu and 1.5Gb ram.

yorik@aragorn:~/Archimedes$ ./archimedes.sh
      com.tarantulus.archimedes.exceptions.InvalidFileFormatException: Invalid arguments. Please retype the value correctly.
              at com.tarantulus.archimedes.model.Font.<init>(Unknown Source)
              at com.tarantulus.archimedes.gui.model.Workspace.createFonts(Unknown Source)
              at com.tarantulus.archimedes.gui.model.Workspace.<init>(Unknown Source)
              at com.tarantulus.archimedes.gui.model.Workspace.getInstance(Unknown Source)
              at com.tarantulus.archimedes.gui.swt.Window.<init>(Unknown Source)
              at com.tarantulus.archimedes.gui.swt.Window.getInstance(Unknown Source)
              at com.tarantulus.archimedes.gui.swt.Window.main(Unknown Source)
      Couldn't load the font because the file format was invalid :/home/yorik/Archimedes/fonts/FONTE(BIXO)
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/yorik/Archimedes/libswt-pi-gtk-3231.so: /home/yorik/Archimedes/libswt-pi-gtk-3231.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)
              at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
              at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
              at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
              at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
              at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
              at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:123)
              at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:19)
              at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:63)
              at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:54)
              at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:126)
              at com.tarantulus.archimedes.gui.swt.Window.<init>(Unknown Source)
              at com.tarantulus.archimedes.gui.swt.Window.getInstance(Unknown Source)
              at com.tarantulus.archimedes.gui.swt.Window.main(Unknown Source)
      yorik@aragorn:~/Archimedes$

There is a libswt3.2-gtk-java package availible in ubuntu repository, which I installed, but it doesn't change anything... It seems to contain only a plugin for eclipse, but no compiled lib??? Since I'm not familiar with java, I don't know if it is possible to link to a new library myself.

If there is anything I can try...

Otherwise I think I see you at the campus party in São Paulo.

Abraços

Yorik

• Hugo Corbucci
        Hugo Corbucci
        2008-01-30

Hi,
        I'm sorry it took me so long to answer. I've been digging into this problem. As far as I could understand what happens, I haven't deployed archimedes with the correct SWT 64 bits library. I haven't got time to create a virtualized ubuntu 64 bits yet but I should manage to do it next week. I hope to be at campus party with a solution for that (and maybe another unstable version of Archimedes).
        Looks like I will have to start working on a lot of virtualized machines now because I bet I will have the same troubles with Vista. Once I release version 0.17.2 or 0.18.0, please repost warning me if the problem persists.

Friendly,
        Hugo

• Tyche
      Tyche
      2008-02-08

Kernel:  2.6.22-14-generic (#1 SMP Thu Jan 31 23:33:13 UTC 2008)
      CPU:  Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2140  @ 1.60GHz, Quantity:  2

Looks like the same problem as is listed above.  I do hope that there will be a 64 bit version, sometime.  What I saw on your website looked promising.  I'll check back from time to time to see if the situation has changed.