From: Peter Graves <peter@ar...> - 2003-06-27 19:13:40
After an abortive attempt at 0.20.0.2, 0.20.0.3 is now up:
http://armedbear.org/j-jar.zip (just j.jar)
1. This snapshot fixes bug 761918:
In the "Replace in Files" dialog box, I can't set the
'Files' textinput to a simple string like "Root". When
I click to the OK button, I've got the following error :
Unsupported wild card pattern
If I set "Root*", it's ok.
But my correct expression is realy "Root", because I
want to change expression in the files named Root.
The bug is reported against replaceInFiles, but findInFiles uses the
This bug is now fixed. You can now use findInFiles to search a single
file by simply specifying its name; no wild card characters are
required. If you check the "Include subdirectories" box, the search
will look in all files with the same name in the subdirectories as well.
I've actually wanted it to work this way myself for a while, so you
could use findInFiles to check for the occurrence of a pattern in a
specific file without having to open the file in a buffer first.
Since the code in that area was pretty much a pig's breakfast to begin
with, I also ripped out the old filename pattern hack that was used
there and replaced it with a more sensible approach involving a regular
As a result of this change, findInFiles and replaceInFiles now support
something approximating normal Unix shell wildcard pattern syntax. For
example, you can now use "*.[hc]" in place of "*.h;*.c".
Note that you must use shell syntax, not regular expression syntax, in
the dialog; this is probably what you're inclined to do anyway. The
pattern you enter is converted internally into a proper regular
expression (for example, when you enter "*.java", it gets converted to
2. I also fixed a problem that maybe I was the only one to run into:
with my setup (XFree86 4.2.1, Sawfish, Matrox G400 dual head), when I
used the keyboard to switch away from j by changing to a different
desktop and then switched back again, the sidebar and/or toolbar didn't
always get repainted properly. This is now fixed (for my case at
least). Your mileage may vary; please let me know if it does... ;)
Thanks for your support.