Project Status / Demo Doesn't Work

Help
2004-03-16
2004-06-25
  • Edward Flick
    Edward Flick
    2004-03-16

Hello,
    I am just wondering if this project is still under active development.  Also, is the demo page representative of how the actual system works?  Because I cannot add line items, add a work order, or even change companies on the demo page.  Whats going on?

• Chan Min Wai
      Chan Min Wai
      2004-03-17

What Happen to your browser, I can do what you can't.

Might you tell me in detail what happen and what error message you are having?

Changing compnay will just have a ">" in the Right Side of the Company Name

However, I suggest You change the company to My Company - Aria-Erp as all the required preconfigured is there.

Sorry about this project status, I'm having some changes of life, can't do much with it, but I promiss, I'll be back once I've got time.

• Edward Flick
        Edward Flick
        2004-03-17

Well, I just downloaded it.  It appears to be working except I cannot appear to apply payments.  Is the voucher # = the invoice #?  Also, can you not pay off more than one invoice with a check?  In addition I would like to join the development effort.  My company has a need for (in addition to the current feature set):
        * Make invoices from work orders
        * Provide support for billing different quantities of each item inside of a Component Item
        * Give the Invoice interface drop down lists for the same items as the workorders
        * Provide accelerator key support so you don't have to use the mouse

We have a fairly high volume order entry requirement, and these additions would be the minimum to consider this project at this company.  I'm a very big open source proponent, and I would much rather see this company use an open source system rather than Microsoft's Small Business Manager.  So what do you guys think?

• Chan Min Wai
      Chan Min Wai
      2004-03-23

Ok 1st of all, please different Invoice and Voucher.
      Invoice is what are you going to ISSUE to the customer and the Voucher is the voucher that the customer order from.
      So the Invoice does Work.

Billing different quantities of each item is Something we are lacking of. However with the structure we are running there are no easy way. (meanning you have to change both the DB & application together)

Give the Invoice interface drop down lists for the same items as the workorders
      (This is Nice I like it)

Provide accelerator key support so you don't have to use the mouse (Yes, YES I really like the idea on using keyboard on this kind of system)

Just drop in for the fun.

• Hello. What's the difference between the CVS version and the 0.99-6 (or whatever the latest release is) version?
      Has anyone added the capability of generating invoices from orders?

Also, are there other similar projects based on PHP?

• Also, are there other similar projects based on PHP?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/open-accounting/
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/ossuite/

Possibly more active than Aria..

sql-ledger is another but I believe that's a Perl/CGI/Postgresql rather than a PHP/Mysql based product.